Dried pea soup
A delicious snack for cold weather
(for 4 portions)
80 to 100 g dried peas
1 - 2 litre water, a little stock to taste
1 grated carrot
1 chopped onion
1/2 finely chopped leek
1 to 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
1 to 2 grated raw potatoes
150 g genuine Bündnerfleisch, raw ham or bacon, diced (or Bündnerfleisch Julienne)
1 cup croutons
Salt and pepper
(Preparation time: 30 minutes, method takes: approx. 2 hours )
- Briefly stew the finely diced meat with the chopped onions and put to one side.
- Put the vegetable on the stove, cold, and add the cloves, the bayleaf and a little stock. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- After approx. one hour, add the stewed cubes of meat and allow to cook slowly for another 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the cloves and the bayleaf before serving.
- Fry the croutons in butter and scatter over the soup together with the finely chopped herbs.
Serve with fresh, home-made bread.