The best of Alsace and Switzerland combined: Flammkuchen and minipic
1 baking tray, 32–35 cm in diameter
1 portion flammkuchen dough, about 260g, rolled out into a circle
(alternatively: bread dough or pizza dough)
8-10 minipics, finely sliced
A little clarified butter
2 large onions, finely sliced
100 ml cream
1/2 tsp. salt
Pepper, freshly ground
Nutmeg, freshly ground
- Place dough onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and prick all over with a fork. Refrigerate. Preheat oven to 250°C.
- Topping: Fry minipics in clarified butter. Remove and drain on kitchen towel. Sauté onions in remaining fried butter until translucent. Mix onions and minipics then leave to cool.
- Mix quark, cream and spices. Spread half the quark mixture on the dough, leaving a centimetre-wide edge uncovered.
- Sprinkle with onion mixture and cover with remaining quark mixture.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 12–15 minutes.
- To serve: Cut flammkuchen into strips and serve hot.
- Prepare dough from 200g flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. dry yeast and 100–150 ml lukewarm water; leave to double in size.
- Use crème fraîche instead of quark and cream.
Delicious recipe ideas and creative step-by-step videos www.minipic.ch