A novel twist to this popular Italian meat dish
(for 4 people)
600 g monkfish fillet
1 tbsp lemon juice
A little salt
12 slices of Grischuna Grisons dry-cured ham
12 sage leaves
2 tbsp cooking butter
2 dl vegetable or fish bouillon
9 cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp butter
- Cut the monkfish fillets into 12 slices, sprinkle with lemon juice and season to taste. Leave to marinate for a short time.
- Put one folded up slice of dry-cured ham and one sage leaf on each fillet and hold it in place with a toothpick.
- Sear on both sides in the hot cooking butter, add the bouillon, cover and leave to simmer over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, steam the whole cherry tomatoes lightly in the hot butter, stirring frequently.
- Serve the fish and garnish with the cherry tomatoes.