A simple dish from the Grisons farmhouse kitchen
(for 4 people)
1.4 litres diluted milk (1/2 milk, 1/2 water)
1 teaspoon salt
80 g butter
250 g flour
150 g hominy grits
300 g Bündner salami, unsliced
50 g sultanas
Butter for the tin
Tip for removing skin from sausage: If you have difficulty removing the skin from the sausage, blanch for a short while in lukewarm water and the skin will come away easily.
(Preparation time: 30 minutes, recipe takes 1 hour)
- Boil the diluted milk with the salt and butter. Mix the flour and the grits and plunge them into the boiling diluted milk. Allow to simmer for approx. 10 minutes, stirring continuously, then remove from the stove.
- Peel and dice the potatoes. Skin and dice the salami. Stir both of these ingredients and the sultanas into the hominy mixture.
- Butter a flat tray and pour in the hominy mixture to a thickness of approx. 2 centimetres.
- Bake for one hour in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree C.
- Serve with apple purée or slices of apple or pear.