Pumpkin soup with Bündnerfleisch
Easily digestible, light starter or summery snack
(for 4 portions)
100 g finely sliced Bündnerfleisch (or Bündnerfleisch Julienne)
500 g yellow or orange pumpkin flesh
1/2 finely chopped onion
40 g butter
8 dl chicken stock
2.5 dl double cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper
(approx. 20 minutes preparation time, approx. 1 hour to make)
- Finely dice the pumpkin flesh. Lightly braise the onion in the butter in a big pot, add the pumpkin and sauté.
- Sauté half of the Bündnerfleisch, which you have cut into thin strips, for another 5 minutes. Pour the stock into the pot, bring to the boil and leave the soup to simmer for just under an hour.
- In the meantime, briefly fry the remaining strips of Bündnerfleisch in a pan with a few drops of olive oil.
- Finely purée the soup using a hand-held blender, add half of the cream and allow the pumpkin soup to simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Whip the rest of the cream until stiff and fold into the soup.
- Pour into pre-heated soup plates and garnish with the fried Bündnerfleisch strips.