A simple meal for dairymen and herdsmen
in the Alps
(for 4 people)
320 g stale bread
4 dl milk
200 g raw bacon
1 dessert spoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bunch parsley
(Preparation time: 20 minutes, recipe takes approx. 15 minutes)
- Cut the bread into small pieces, pour 3 dl milk over it and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Finely dice the bacon and brown it in the heated butter. Add the dried out bread pieces and sear, turning from time to time.
- Beat the rest of the milk together with the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Finely chop the parsley and mix it in.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and allow to dry out, turning frequently.
- Dish out the meal on a plate and serve with salad.